Mommy Makeover Candidates
Mommy makeovers procedures should be performed after a woman is done having children. If these surgical treatments are performed prior to pregnancy, re-treatment may be required. Good candidates for mommy makeovers have:
- Loose skin on the breasts or stomach
- Stretch marks on the breasts or stomach
- Lost volume in the breasts
- An overabundance of volume in the breasts
- Large, stretched nipples
- Nipples that point downward
- Excess abdominal fat
- Weak stomach muscles
Mommy Makeover Techniques
The procedures that are incorporated in your mommy makeover treatment plan will depend on how your body responded to pregnancy and breastfeeding. Some women lose volume in the breasts after pregnancy, while others gain volume. Since pregnancy affects each woman differently, patients should contact our Philadelphia practice to schedule a mommy makeover consultation.
The most frequently performed mommy makeover procedures include:
- Breast augmentation: If the breasts have lost fatty tissue, breast augmentation is often the most appropriate solution. In this procedure, saline or silicone gel implants are inserted to restore lost volume and enhance the size of the breasts. Breast augmentation surgery also results in mild lifting of the breasts.
- Breast lift: Breast lift surgery is best suited to women that have sagging breasts, loose breast skin, nipples that point downward, and nipples that have grown in size. The breast lift technique will be customized to the patient’s specific needs.
- Breast reduction: Some women find that the breasts are larger in size after pregnancy. Women that feel the breasts are overly large may be good candidates for breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction techniques allow for the removal of excess fat and tissue, lifting of the breasts, and nipple re-sizing and re-positioning.
- Tummy tuck: Tummy tuck surgery treats loose abdominal skin, stretch marks on the lower abdomen, and weakened abdominal muscles, conditions that are especially common in women that have had more than one child. Tummy tuck may also involve reconstruction of the belly button.
- Liposuction: During pregnancy, excess fat accumulates in the stomach and other areas of the body. It may be difficult to rid the stomach and other problem areas of this excess fat after pregnancy. Liposuction can be performed on targeted areas of the body to contour the figure.
Each of these procedures is associated with specific recovery instructions, side effects, and risks. Visit the page of the procedure in which you are interested to learn more about the procedural steps, recovery, side effects, and possible complications.
Philadelphia Mommy Makeover Consultations
Contact our Philadelphia practice to schedule a mommy makeover consultation with us.